The Department is interested in exploring the potential of AI to help keep its personnel and facilities safe. AI has the potential to provide much needed decision aid and overall assistance in force protection by monitoring activity around installations, identifying potential threats, alerting authorities in real-time, and suggesting optimal distribution of critical resources.
- To predict threat events based on social media analysis assessments
- To enhance extreme weather forecasts and recommended critical infrastructure posturing
- To integrate functionalities with the Physical Security Integration Framework Interconnection Capability Suite (PSIF-ICS)
- To develop autofill capability for forms required during threat assessment and post-response reporting
- To develop a system that can provide decision-makers with timely and accurate information about potential threats