The Tradewind OTA Enterprise Office (operated by IN3), in conjunction with the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), will host a competitive process for the ACC Rock Island Contracts organization who will be requesting vendor submissions to fulfill a software, data, and services effort referred as Calm Winds.
This effort will require the utilization of multiple (minimum of two) flying testbed platforms capable of carrying an unmanned aerial system (UAS) which will interface with the testbed platform flight control computer. When enabled, the flight interface from the UAS will be capable of flying the testbed platform without onboard pilot assistance while mirroring the UAS’s native behavior.
Additional requirements are:
- The testbed platform must be able to externally captive carry a UAS up to 500 lbs. weight, eleven feet in length, and with a wingspan up to seven feet.
- Only US owned companies are eligible for this program and only US citizens will be eligible to work this effort under the contract. Additionally all work under this contract must be executed in the US.
- Personnel working this contract must have a security clearance level of SECRET or higher.
- Contractor facilities must possess a Facility Clearance (FCL) at the SECRET level or higher and access authorization (Security Clearances) for Contractor personnel working with the classified information.
- Contractor facilities must be able to securely store the testbed platform with the UAS at the SECRET level in accordance with storage requirements set forth in DoD Manual 5200.01, Volume 3, DoD Information Security Program Protection of Classified Information, Change-2, 19 March 2013, and any other applicable guidance provided by the Cognizant Security Agency (CSA).
- The Contractor must be able to receive, store, and generate Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) and SECRET classified information. Storage and transmission requirements set forth in DoD Manual 5200.01, Volume 3, DoD Information Security Program Protection of Classified Information, Change-2, 19 March 2013, and any other applicable guidance provided by the Cognizant Security Agency (CSA) must be adhered to.
- Provide Tradewind with explicit details on how your company meets the above standards, in order to receive the additional CUI Technical Capabilities ANNEX.
Through email (email@example.com), provide a completed/approved DD Form 2345 no later than 23:59 ET on 16 FEB 2022, certifying your company meets the above CUI/CTI standards, in order to receive the additional Technical Capabilities ANNEX. Upon government acceptance of your DD 2345, the CALM WINDS announcement (request for White Papers) will be released to the respective company(s).
PLEASE BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR DATA CUSTODIAN REGARDING THIS OPPORTUNITY. The correct forms must be submitted otherwise you you will not be eligible to receive the documentation. ONLY your data custodian will be able to retrieve the documentation upon availability.
- If you want to learn more about the Form DD 2345, view our Tradewind OTA Short Course!
Tradewind will post any additional information as it becomes releasable to this page, and an update date and timestamp will confirm when it was posted. New information will appear at the top of this page.
Questions regarding this opportunity should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.